With an abundance of apples from a trip to a local farm, I had to find a recipe that would call for a handful of apples. I decided on a quick and simple Apple Crisp recipe from Betty Crocker. With only twenty minutes of prep and 45 minutes in the oven, this is a treat I can make in no time and is the perfect plate to bring to any party. Served fresh out of the oven or cold, this apple dessert is delicious.
- 4 medium cooking apples (such as Rome Beauty, Granny Smith or Greening)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, soft enough to spread
- Ice cream, if you like.
1. Heat the oven to 375º.
2. Peal and Cut the apples into thin slices. Put apple slices in the pan.
3. Put the brown sugar and cinnamon in the small bowl. Stir until mixed. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples. Pour the water over apples. Mix it all together.
4. Put the flour, granulated sugar and butter in the medium bowl. Mix with your hands until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle crumbly mixture over apples.
5. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are soft and topping is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes on the wire cooling rack.
6. Serve with ice cream or the whipped cream. Enjoy!