Hope everyone has a spooktacular Halloween!
Monday, October 31, 2016
Friday, October 28, 2016
I wanted to start a new monthly series highlighting music I have had on repeat. While this could easily fall under the Monthly favorites post, I wanted to focus solely on songs and artists I am loving. There were two highly anticipated album releases this month: OneRepublic and Lady Gaga. I listened to the OneRepublic album, Oh My My, for about two weeks straight. Lately, I have been dividing my listening time between Gaga and Blake. Below I listed my favorite songs from each album, as well as a few honorable mentions.
Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)
Also on repeat:
Love Me Now- John Legend
Starboy (feat Daft Punk)- The Weekend
Thursday, October 27, 2016
This past month has consisted of far too much sugar and far too few pumpkins. Netflix binges with Lorelai and Rory, and a new watch I don't leave the house without.
This sums up My October favorites: candy corn, baby pumpkins and an adorable Fox mug!
Fall Into Color Watch from Avon.
Binge watching Gilmore Girls in anticipation of A Year in the Life.
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
I signed up for a Sephora Play! waiting list about two months ago and I just received my very first box! I do miss my monthly beauty subscription box from Birchbox, but I am very excited for my monthly shipments from Sephora. I have already found a product I love in my first box!
1. Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil. I have yet to try this product, but the rare prickly pear has been intriqued. This mask is supposed to enhance color and shine. You couldn't use a little shine boost!
2. YSL Saint Laurent Mon Paris. This perfume has fruity and floral notes with a musky base. This might be the perfect fall scent.
3. Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb. This product is amazing! The gel-cream is lightweight and so hydrating! My skin has been so dry lately and after two days of use my skin is finally starting to get back to normal. I keep this on my bedside table and put a bit on after a few spritzes of Tea Tree water.
4. Skin Inc. Pure Revival Peel. I should probably use this soon to get rid of any dead skin from my dry spell. This gentle peel will brighten and renew your skin.
5. Blinc Mascara Amplified, I have tried this mascara before and I am a fan. I am excited to start using this again! It does not clump and makes my lashes extra long!
6. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver's Seat. This liquid lipstick claims to wear for 8 hours and is water-resistant. I love the color, perfect for fall/winter. I am interesting to see the staying power!
Tuesday, October 25, 2016
Monday, October 24, 2016
Happy Monday! I decided to decorate this week for Halloween. I only bought this one Halloween kit with sheets from Hurricane Randi and Cricket Paper Co. I love these colors. They are spooky and fun at the same time! I have a Halloween Game Night Party on Saturday night and I am going apple picking Saturday afternoon. Busy day! I hope everyone has a great week!
Friday, October 21, 2016
As of now, I do not have any plans for Halloween. That hasn't stopped me from thinking of a few ideas should any last minute parties pop up. I thought of three easy costume ideas that you may already have in your closet, minus a vest or shinny loafers.
1. My first costume is inspired by the oh-so-stylish Cher from Clueless. A pattern skirt, white blouse, vest and loafers would complete this look. Any shoe would work really, but for the vest, I would definitely hit up a local thrift shop.
2. Dorothy of The Wizard of Oz may seen like a tired costume, but you just can't go wrong with a classic. I happen to have a cute gingham dress I picked up from Old Navy over the summer that would be perfect. All I would need are a pair of red shoes, and why I don't already own a pair is a mystery. For a little extra tough, grab a straw bag and little stuffed dog to play Toto.
3. I have already seen quite a few Eleven costume ideas, but I couldn't pass it up for two reasons. One, it's such a simple costume, and two, I love Stranger Things. A pink dress, a bomber, high tops and athletic socks are all you need. Luckily, for this costume idea. bombers jackets are very in so you have a great reason to invest in one that you won't wear for just one night.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
I just read some HUGE news! Come April, Target will release another incredible collaboration and this time it is with the ever stylish Victoria Beckham! In the Target announcement they give a bit more information about the pricing of the collection and when it will hit stores.
"Victoria Beckham for Target ranges in price from $6-$70, with most items under $40, and will be offered in sizes XS-3X for women and NB-XL for girls, toddler and baby. The collection will be available April 9 through April 30, 2017, or while supplies last..."
I cannot wait to see the photos of the collection! I am imaging lots of sleek blouses and statement accessories.
To read the full article from Target, click here.
Monday, October 17, 2016
Happy Monday! I am in shock I have not used this kit yet! I ordered it from Willowfields some time ago. Last week was a bit crazy and that craziness will flow into this week because I am moving into a new apartment! I am so excited! Fingers crossed I am all settled in by the end of this week.
Weekly Kit: Willowfields
Halloween Countdown: Once More With Love
Deco Stickers: The Coffee Monsterz Co
Football Helmets: Rory's Sweet Addiction
Scream Queens TV Icon: Beyond Paper Flowers
Monday, October 10, 2016
Happy Monday! Back to fall colors in this week's spread. The timing could not be more perfect since all the leaves seem to be changing this week. Hope everyone has a great week!
Weekly Mini Kit: Wild Summer Designs
Date Covers: Pumpkin Paper Co
Thursday, October 6, 2016
I have been a big fan of Lush since I first discovered the store in NYC a few years ago. For years, I have used the Tea Tree Water. A spritz after I wash my face in the morning and at night for soft, even skin. I recently stopped in my local Lush for a refill and walked out with a little extra, a sample of the Mask of Magnaminty. It's a deep cleaning face mask. I was excited to try it out, but a bit skeptical. An employee at Lush made it sound like a miracle product that vanished unsightly acne over night. The dream, but never fully attainable.
I gave this mask a try on Monday night. After ten minutes my face felt tight under the mask. The fresh pappermint ingredient created a tingly feeling which always helps to feel like the mask is working. There is also aduki beans to exfoliate,vanilla absolute to calm redness, and honey to soothe. Everything would would want in one face mask. I washed it off and I swear my skin was instantly glowing! My skin felt like it was breathing. I spritzed a bit of the Tea Tree Water and hit the hay. The next morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe how great my skin looked! My skin tone seemed more even and was smooth and soft. I have honestly never seen such clear and fast results. I am so excited to use this mask more regularly in my beauty routine.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
If you're a Gilmore Girls fan you may have heard about the coffee shops that are transforming into Luke's Diner today to celebrate the new season coming to Netflix next month! I, for one, am so excited to see what the residents of Stars Hollow have been up to!
I woke up extra early this morning to meet some friends at Sweetness 7 Cafe aka Luke's for a free cup of Joe. It was such a fun little morning and definitely worth the half hour wait or so for my cup of coffee. The cafe had fun little signs like the No Cell Phones notice and the baristas were wearing Luke's Diner hats and aprons. Bravo, Netflix! This is a great idea! I only wish it would last longer than a few hours.
Have you checked out any Luke's Diners today?
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
As we know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Some of my girl friends and I are going to a Pink Party next week to help fund raise for the Roswell Park Cancer Institute. It's going to be a fun night for a great cause! Since it's a Pink Party, I need to find something pink to wear. Can you believe I don't have any pink pieces in my closet!? I would love to find a pink dress and have a one and done outfit, but it may be tricky to find anything pink this time of year.
Do you have any activities going on this month to help benefit Breast Cancer Awareness?
Monday, October 3, 2016
Two Dollar Tuesday might be my favorite Etsy sticker shopping day! Cricket Paper Co. always has the best kits for $2 per page! I picked up this kit a few weeks back and I was very excited to see it in my binder yesterday. I love fall and the oranges and yellows that come with the season, but these blues and golds were just what I needed to brighten up the week. I am still staying strong with the white space planning. It feels a bit more clean and not as cluttered to me. And it gives me room to play with more deco stickers. I hope everyone has a great week!
Weekly Kit: Cricket Paper Co.
Date Covers: Pumpkin Paper Co.
Deco Stickers: My Newest Addiction, The Coffee Monsterz CO, Once More With Love, and The Fox and Pip