It's that time again! The monthly unboxing of my Birchbox subscription. I am a bit sad to report this will be my last Birchbox unboxing. There are a few reasons for this decision. I have so many samples and more than half of them end up unused and forgotten in a drawer. If you are a Birchbox subscriber, you may have heard the news about the Birchbox Review Points Program changing. This was also a major contributor in my decision to cancel my subscription. I have been a subscriber on and off since June of 2011 and was a part-time employee at Birchbox for about two years when I was living in NYC. My love for Birchbox runs deep, but I feel it is time to say goodbye.
1. Benefit gimme brow volumizing fiber gel. I am all about ease when it comes to beauty products. This Benefit brow product is one swipe and done. I think I just might do more with my brows because of this awesome beauty product.
2. IPKN Moist & Firm Beauty Balm SPF 45. I have never heard to this brand and have yet to try it. I am always hesitant to try new foundations or balms because my skin in so sensitive. This product is matte and packed with vitamins, so I might have to give it a go.
3. dr. brandt® PoreDermabrasion. I love the dr. brandt pores no more, and I'm looking forward to seeing if this product will match up.
4. Lavanila The Healthy Sunscreen Sport Luxe SPF 30. This face and body sunscreen claims to protect and nourish. It is full of antioxidants and shea butter to replenish and moisturize the skin. I think I'll keep this in my purse for on-the-go applications.
5. Avène Thermal Spring Water. This face mist has all sorts of powers. It 'soothes redness and calms all sorts of skin troubles, from sunburns to allergic reactions to eczema and itching sensations,' and even works as a makeup setter. I give this a big thumbs up.
What did you receive in June's Birchbox? How do you feel about Birchbox's points program change?