Monday, March 2, 2015
It's March! March has always been one of my favorite months since it is the month yours truly was born, and it means we are getting closer to Spring! With a new month comes a monthly favorites. In February, here is what I was reaching for daily:
1. Klorane Dry Shampoo- This dry shampoo is the holy grail of all dry shampoos. I have tried MANY dry shampoos and I always come back to Klorane. It has a subtle fresh scent I love and does not leave any of residue in my hair. There are some dry shampoos I have used that leave a stiff, hairspray-like feel. The secret to great second or third day hair is applying the dry shampoo at night before you go to bed and in the morning. Best hair tip I ever received.
2. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara- I have two mascaras that are my go to, but they are a bit pricey. I was in need of a quick refill so I stopped by my local drug store and picked up the Lash Potion. The packaging initially drew me in. I mean, it's beautiful! After using it all month, I will definitely be purchasing this again. It separates and lengthens my lashes and does not clump! There is one tiny downfall. I have found traces of dried flakes on my cheeks. But that is after a looong day. Sometimes, when I want a more dramatic eye, I use this mascara as a base to separate and then put another mascara over it to really coat my lashes. I found this technique also prevents flaking.
3. Evian Facial Spray- This product has become a lifesaver with the cold and drying weather. I spritz a bit of this on after I cleanse my face and then put my moisturizer on while my skin is still damp. Using moisturizer while your skin is still damp helps the creams to really soak in.
4. L'Occitane Roses et Reines- My hands have been painfully dry lately. This hand cream is so luxurious. It smells like fresh roses. The consistency is rather thick so I like to put this lotion on at night so it can work its magic while I sleep.
5. theBalm Read My Lips Lip Gloss- I received this gloss in my February Birchbox and it has been in my purse/on my lips ever since. I love the smell, the color, and how moisturizing it is! It adds just enough color for any makeup look.