Saturday, September 29, 2012
I feel like a modern day gypsy with all the traveling I am doing lately. But don't get me wrong, I love to travel, and when traveling comfort is key for me. A comfy, over-sized sweater is my favorite fall accessory. Pair it with a dress and you are good to go. Dresses are perfect for when you are sitting for long periods of time. Keep it simple with flats and bring a pair of sock to throw on for extra warmth. The weather is cooling down, which means I can utilize my favorite Fall accessory- scarves. They can add a pop of color and extra coziness to any outfit. As far as jewelry goes, I like to keep it simple and just stick with my watch. My non-apparel travel necessities is a good book, current magazines, iPod, and, of course, a phone to play games or chit chat. I like to throw all of this can go in a good sized bag. I have been traveling by train, which is great because I can bring snacks and beverages and toss that in my bag as well.
What is your ideal travel outfit?
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Here are my September Favorites! Lots of lip products this month, but I love them all, so how can a girl pick just one!
1. Rusk Multi 12 in 1 Miracle Treatment- This stuff is amazing! I spray it in my hair after I shower and braid it or leave it down. My hair looks so shiny and feels so soft, and there is no frizz!
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Greed.- I picked this up last month from Nordstrom Rack in Union Square for only 8 dollars! Such a steal! This primer works just as wonderfully as the original and this one has a gold tint to it, which pairs perfectly with the Naked Palette.
3. Zara 666 5th Avenue Perfume.- I am in love with this perfume! I bought the roller size because I liked the smell and just wanted to test it out, but now I am hooked. I will definitely be purchasing the full size bottle when this runs out.
4. Maybelline Baby Lips in Peppermint.- I have had this Baby Lips for some time. I love how easily it glides on and just gives my lips some shine. I have a few other colors, but this is my favorite, and for 3 bucks I might pick some more up.
5. MAC See Sheer.- I wear this lipstick just about everyday. The color is subtle and adds the perfect touch to my makeup routine. I will definitely be repurchasing this color each time it runs out.
6. CoverGirl Natureluxe in Hibiscus.- This is another product I have had for some time, but I recently started using it more recently. I love that this lip balm is so hydrating, and it gives my lips great color.
What are your September favorites?
Monday, September 24, 2012
A little peak at what I have been up to this past month.
Bright & colorful dress for FNO 2012
Authentic New England Clam Chowder from my visit to Cape Cod a few weeks ago
Merceded-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center for the Joanna Mastroianni show
Gold eyebrows & fishtails at Nolcha
Gorgeous gold Michael Kors watch
His & Hers Pumpkin Spice Latte
I cannot believe September is almost over.
Hope you have had a great month!
Hope you have had a great month!
Sunday, September 16, 2012
While doing some research on Women's Wear Daily for one of my classes, I stumbled upon a great slideshow of outfits seen during fashion week in New York City. There were some classy outfits and there were some crazy outfits. And then there were the outfits that inspired me. I started making a list of outfits I could wear this coming Fall, incorporating pieces I already have in my closet, and making it easy for me to pinpoint pieces I'd like to pick up to complete a look. These four looks above are outfits I have on my list.
The first outfit is my probably my favorite. I have a great blue dress with little bitty white, red, and yellow flower print that I plan on wearing under my Gap cable knit sweater. Instead of heels, I want to wear my brown boots and possibly tights depending on the temperature.
The love the skirt in the second outfit. I want to start adding skirts to my wardrobe so I can widen my variety. I adore dresses, but you can only change up a dress so much. With skirts you can mix and match. A bold, fun colored skirt is definitely on my purchase list. I also have a tweed skirt in mind. Tweed is such a classic fabric. I don't know if it will be in this fall, but for some reason I have had tweed on my mind.
Now, I know I just said dresses can limit your wardrobe, but this little dress was too good to pass up. I love the eclectic pattern and the colors. It almost reminds me of a tribal print. Simple flats and wayfer sunglasses would be my go-to accessories.
The forth and final look has Fall written all over it, from the burgundy pants to the peplum top. Burgundy is going to be big this Fall! And I don't think the peplum style is going anywhere, which is fine with me. I have one peplum top, but I am definitely looking to purchase at least one more.
Now that I have my list of must-have items, let the shopping begin! What items are you looking to scoop up for your Fall wardrobe?
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
For the month of August, I only have one favorite, but it is my favorite favorite of all. My August favorite is New York City. I have been living here for three weeks now and I still have to pinch myself sometimes. I am so happy I am finally here. I have probably blogged about this more than you would like to read, but I can't help myself. There is so much to do and see and so many opportunities. So, for this month I could only think of one monthly favorite and it is such a good one that it is worthy of being a solo favorite.
What were your monthly favorites?
Saturday, September 1, 2012
I have some extremely exciting news! I landed myself an incredible fashion blog editorial internship! I am a contributing author to the blog Disciples of Haute. This blog covers everything haute couture for the fashionista who wants to know whats happening right now. I am so excited about this opportunity! I will be covering events on Fashion Night Out this coming Thursday, as well as New York Fashion Week! You can check out my very first post on Disciples of Haute here! I talked about what Chanel has planned for FNO! I hope you enjoy and become a follow to stay up to date on everything Haute! You can also follow us on Twitter @HauteDisciples.