Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Saturday, December 24, 2011
I don't remember ever having a Christmas without snow, and where I'm from snow is our claim to fame. (Hint: Blizzard of '77.) I can recall a few years ago when I thought we wouldn't have snow on Christmas, but then snowflakes filled the sky on Christmas Eve and we had a white Christmas after all. My fingers are crossed that the same thing happens this year. It wouldn't feel like Christmas without the snow. In fact, it doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow. So, to send Jack Frost a little hint, I found some beautiful snow filled pictures. I think snow makes everything look beautiful. In the sunlight or the moonlight, snow adds a touch of glamor and vintage to everything from a row of trees to a quiet street.
I thought I was okay with a green Christmas, but the closer and closer we get to Christmas day, the more I miss the snow. So if you hear my Jack Frost, all I want for Christmas is snow.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
I love this song. I think it is so fun and such a girlie song. I have a great time singing along. I wish there was a music video for it, it would be too cute!
Michael. Buble. Need I say more. His voice makes me melt and I just wish he was singing this tune to moi.
I love Bing Crosby. His voice and this song remind me of when I was a little girl. My mom would put his album on the record machine and we would sit and listen to him while watching the snow fall.
Oh, Frank Sinatra. He will always remind me of my Grandma. She would rave about his singing. This song brings the same nostalgia as "White Christmas."
When I hear this song, I wish I had a handsome lad to sing it with.
I love the Christmas classics. I really don't like too many remakes, with the exception of Michael Buble, of course. What holiday songs do you love?
Monday, December 19, 2011
I love the color, shape, and detail of this sweater. I still can't believe I found this one so easily and for a great price!
Do you have a cable knit sweater or is it on your wish list?
Sunday, December 18, 2011
1. A gift card to a sporting goods store is a win-win for everyone. You don't have to wonder around wondering what on Earth to get him, and he can pick out whatever his little heart desires.
2. Every guy needs a classic plaid button down. If you are looking for something style and for a great price, Old navy has this shirt plus many other designs and colors.
3. This rustic bottle opener is a very unique and practical gift for the rigid man. I found this on the Anthropologie website. They have the coolest things.
4. A fun and comfortable pair of pajama pants is not something a guy would buy for himself, but it is definitely a great gift. I love these deer head pair from Old Navy.
5. If your dad or any guy in your life lives to keep his car as clean and pristine as mine, a car cleaning kit is the perfect gift.
6. Pocket watches are not for every guy, but if you have a friend who is cool enough to pull it off, it will definitely add that extra something to his style. I found this one for a great price here.
7. For the music lover, I would pick up a pair of headphones with a cool design. I love how over the ear headphones are making a comeback. The sound is so much better and they will not fall out of your ear.
8. If the men in your life don't like to clean their car themselves, help them out with a gift card to the car wash. It's great to get gifts that serve a purpose and save the receiver money. I personally love gift cards.
What are you getting the men in your life? I find they are the hardest to shop for! Hope this has helped!
Saturday, December 17, 2011
1. A magazine subscription is a great gift! You can get this for anyone! Have a friend who loves to cook, get Food magazine. For the fashionable friend, how about Vogue, Elle, or Instyle. National Geographic is perfect for that worldly friend of yours. The options are endless!
2. A fun ring is the perfect gift for any friend. You doesn't love a cute bow ring? Forever 21 has some beautiful rings for a great price.
3. If you want to find a beauty product for your makeup loving friend, nail polish is a great choice. Butter has an incredible holiday collection.
4. For your funny friend, a gag gift is the way to go. I actually bought the Awkward Family Photo book for one of my friends this year. I know she will love it, it is hilarious!
5. You can't go wrong buying one of your girlfriends a body spray from Victoria's Secret. The only problem will be deciding which one because they all smell delicious!
6. Everyone has a wine loving friend, a decorative wine glass like the ones above from Pier 1 are beautiful and are sure to make your wine night much more fun!
7. I love tea and so do many of my friends. I love decorative and antique-y mugs that are just as sweet as the tea you are drinking. Anthropologie has mugs you will swoon over.
8. When winter hits, it's time to bring out the blankets and long johns. But you don't have to look like the Michelin Man to stay warm. These adorable slipper boots are the perfect gift for a girlfriend who wants to stay warm and cute!
I would love to receive any of these gifts, and I can't wait to give them this year! What gifts are you looking forward to getting and giving this Christmas?
Friday, December 16, 2011
I have been Christmas shopping, decorating, baking, etc. You name it, I am doing it. I love holiday decorations! (You can check out some of my DIY holiday decorations in my guest post here!) But there's one thing I love more than the decorations, it's the holiday scents! The smell of pine trees makes me melt. Unfortunately, we do not get a real Christmas tree because I am allergic (I know, it sucks!) so we have to resort to a tree that comes in a box. Sad face. I definitely despise my allergies most during this time of year for taking my favorite smell away from me, but alas there is a solution. Scented candles!
Over the years, almost every company has perfected the pine scent with a variation here or there. This year I found my favorite pine tree scent at Bath & Body Works. I picked up three wonderful holiday scents back in November in preparation for Christmas and I love them all! Plus, they were a great deal! At the time, the 4 ounce candles were 2 for $10, and I had a coupon that allowed me to get something for free up to $12.50 with any purchase! I love free! So I walked away with three candles for ten dollars and some change. Love it! Here are the candles I picked.
Winter Cabin smells of a variety of spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves with a hint of cedar. I truly feel like I am in a cabin in a snow covered woods. Frosted Cranberry smells like sweet, sugared cranberries. There is also a mixture of other fruits like raspberry, strawberry and peach. My personal favorite, Merry Mistletoe, smells just like a blue spruce. If I were to light this, people would probably think my Christmas tree was real! It's that good!
What are some of your favorite holiday scents? Do you have a real tree or an artificial one?
Monday, November 28, 2011
I also dressed the part! I loved my Thanksgiving outfit! It was incredibly comfortable and very seasonal.
As you can see from my oh so professional mirror pictures that I went for the European look and wore tights with my shorts. The tights had a fun, but faint, zig zag pattern that looked great with the solid black shorts. I opted for my favorite black boots from Wet Seal. Although, I an in love with the clothing I wore, I am even more in love with the accessories. The necklace was definitely the statement piece of the outfit, and I loved how it stood out from the rest of the outfit against the cranberry colored top.I picked it up for the Forever 21 in NYC on my last trip. I also wore my new watch that I wear just about everyday! Best 40 dollars I have ever spent!
What did you wear on Thanksgiving?
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving! I am heading to the airport to pick up my youngest brother in a little while, and then we will be going to one of my favorite places in the world. My aunt and uncle's cottage. This year, like every year, I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for my health, my wonderful family and friends, my job, and I am thankful for making new blogger buddies. I have become very close with a handful of bloggers, and I am thankful to have made these friendships. I hope everyone has a fabulous and delicious Thanksgiving!
What are you thankful for this year? And what are your Turkey Day plans?
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
I have been thinking a lot about what to wear tomorrow. I want to be classy around the fam, but at the same time comfortable because I plan on eating as much as possible. I love Thanksgiving! The stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the beans, the turkey!! Ahh, I'm salivating, and getting way of topic! Back to clothes. In an ideal world, the outfit below is my perfect pick for Thanksgiving. I love the sweater and the pants, but this outfit is rather dull with all the neutrals, so I thought some sweet potato colored booties and a cranberry red bag would be the perfect side dishes, if you will, to the main course. This outfit was definitely inspired by the yummy food I plan on devouring tomorrow, can you tell?
While, I do have a majority of similar items in my closet to recreate this outfit, I am drifting toward the ever safeness and comfort of the LBD. I have one little black dress in particular that has just the right amount of class for family and fashion.
What do you plan on wearing tomorrow? What delicious item are you looking forward to eating? My favorite has always been the stuffing!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
What is your favorite cookie? Is there a memory you tie with your favorite food?
Monday, November 21, 2011
Ohh, Joe Jonas. I love the facial scruff, hate the see-through t-shirt. I love the detail on the lapel on his blazer, and the deep grey color of his pants are a nice step away from black. I think he looks good, but I just can't forgive him for the shirt. Why? It's just weird.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
1.) I don't like to cross of the day in my planner until the following day. I feel like it's a bad omen.
2.) I CANNOT wear socks to bed. I don't know why, but I just can't. I don't care how cold it is.
3.) I always put the pepper on before the salt. Always.
5.) After I eat something salty, I have to eat something sweet.
6.) I like to eat certain chocolate bars frozen.
Do you have any random quirks? Are any of yours the same as mine?!
*click on the pictures to find the source.
Saturday, November 19, 2011
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Not only did Asos have an incredible gold watch, that is very similar to the Michael Kors one, it was also a great price! I have already worn it twice (even though I do need to get it sized), and it is stunning. It is my little gold time telling child. This watch is gorgeous in the box, and with the right ensemble, I honestly find it really pulls an outfit together for a classy and elegant feel. Who knew a watch could do so much?
I am in love! An outfit post featuring this gorgeous piece of artwork (too much?) is coming soon! Until then, I leave you with this quote I heard on my new favorite show- thank you AlmostBritain!- The Walking Dead. This quote is about a watch. One of the characters is asked why he always wears his watch even though time really doesn't matter in their situation anymore, and this was his response...
-William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
Monday, November 14, 2011
I see my girlfriend everyday at work, and I see that wonderful Avon book just sitting on the counter waiting for me to pick it up and find another wonderful item that I convince myself I cannot live without. Do you see my dilemma? I am warning you now my friends, this is not the last Avon Haul you will be seeing. In fact... I may or may not have another order coming in on Saturday...
BUT! In all fairness, some things I picked up are going to be Christmas gifts. I swear! And no, they are not gifts for myself for being such an angel this year. They are real gifts for other people.
Okay, now let me show you all the wonderful things I picked up from that brightly colored and cheerful Avon book. That's how they get ya, you know. Bright colors and fun layouts. Or, I'm just a sucker for makeup... and a great deal! Almost all of these products were a 2 for $5 deal! Love it!
Sunday, November 13, 2011
1. Frozen Mango Smoothie from Panera Bread. This beverage is delectable! And the added flavor of the raspberry sauce you see on the sides of the cup makes for a delicious and fruity mid day snack. I probably had one for each week in October. Is that too much? I love smoothies, but I prefer when they are ice based, not yogurt based. This smoothie is pure mango puree mixed with ice. The perfect smoothie or any time of the year.
2. Reading. I started reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and I could not put it down! It is a fantastic book! It was such an easy read, but as simple as the reading was, it really made you think. I love when books give me a whole new perspective and something to ponder. I just purchased The Hunger Games, and I cannot wait to get started.
3. Hockey games. I like have said before, I love sports! Hockey and football are my absolute favorite sporting events to watch. I am lucky enough to say that I have gone to two games already! And hopefully more to come!
4. Arts and crafts. During October, I really let my crafty side go wild. I was baking, drawing and gluing up a storm. I drew this picture while hanging out at a friends house in early October. I was definitely inspired by my all time favorite painting, Starry Night by Van Gogh. (I saw the original painting on my trip to NYC in February. Breathtaking.) I call my colored pencil drawing Fire & Ice.
So, there you have it. My four favorite for the month of October. I am trying to plan ahead for November so when I go to write my November favs it won't be so difficult. I think I already have about 3 favorites for this month! What were some of your October favs?