Sometimes, I forget that happiness can be found in very simple ways. I like to think of myself as a simple girl, for the most part. I don't have to be doing something or buying something to be happy, I can just enjoy things that happen in my everyday life. Here are some of my most recent simple pleasures...
1. Waking up to the sun shining into my bedroom on a cool fall day.
2. Getting into bed that has just been made with clean, fresh sheets.
3. Drinking a hot cup of tea after a long day.
4. Having fresh flowers throughout my apartment that I bought at the market.
5. Waking up and realizing there is nothing you have to do that day.
6. Lighting your favorite candle and having its heavenly scent fill the apartment.
7. Smelling apple cider and cinnamon and it takes you back to your favorite fall memories.
8. Having a not-so-good day and then your favorite song comes on the radio and lifts your spirits.
9. Getting a cheerful and unexpected call or text from a friend that puts a smile on your face for the rest of the day.
10. Doing a kind act that puts a smile on someone else's face.
What are your simple pleasures?